Below is the list of 2018 workshops by track. To view workshop descriptions, click on the link for that track.
ADULT OCCUPANT PROTECTION/VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY
- Advancing Seat Belt Safety Culture
- Strategies for a Successful Occupant Protection Program
- Recent Findings Regarding Nighttime Seat Belt Enforcement Strategies
- Addressing Occupant Protection Problems in Rural Areas & Finding Solutions!
- Automated Vehicle Technologies – The Here & Now
- Belts, Speeding & Distraction – How Can Vehicle Technologies Help?
- Driver Distraction – It Can Happen Inside Patrol Vehicles, too
- Real World Solutions Addressing Older Drivers: Best Practices & Beyond
- Working Together to Understand Conditions That Affect Aging Drivers
- Transportation, Aging & At-risk Drivers: Using Collaboration to Improve Safety & Mobility
- Older Drivers: Do We Have All the Pieces?
- Beyond “Just Say No:” Crafting Drugged Driving Campaigns
- The Nuts & Bolts of Building Powerful Partnerships
- Virtual Community Policing: Law Enforcement & Social Media
- Innovative Campaigns that Prompt Action
- Messaging in a New Era
- Communicating Effectively with Diverse Communities
CRIMINAL JUSTICE/LAW ENFORCEMENT
- After the Conviction: Using Evidence-based Practices to Reduce Recidivism of High Risk Drunk Drivers
- Anticipating & Combating Defenses Related to Marijuana Impairment
- Tactics in Traffic: Making Smarter, Safer, More Successful Traffic Stops
- Crashes, Social Harm & the Data Driven Approaches to Crime & Traffic Safety Model
- DUI Silver Bullets
- Operation Southern Shield: Multi-state, Agency & Jurisdictional Effort to Combating Rising Fatalities
- Road Wise: Training for the Zero Injury Culture
- Overview of the Law Enforcement Partnership Forums
- Clearing the Haze! Drug Indicators, Impairment & Concealment with the Drug-impaired
- Concentrates, Waxes, Oils & Trends
- Below 100
- The Biology Behind Our Urge to Text, Talk & Snap Behind the Wheel
- Survey Says: Examining & Implementing Evidence-Based Strategies to Reduce Distracted Driving
- Distractive Driving Survey Findings: Attitudes, Behaviors & Trends – The Relevance to Legislative Efforts & More
- Cops & Distraction: Cutting Edge Enforcement Efforts
- We’re All in This Together: Mobilizing Your Community to Combat Distracted Driving
- Teens Got Talent: Youth Advocates for Distracted Driving Prevention
- Pay Attention! The Latest Research on Limiting In-vehicle Distractions & How to Leverage It
- Make it Work: A Look at Promising Employer Programs to Reduce Distracted Driving On & Off the Clock
EVOLVING SAFETY PRIORITIES & SOLUTIONS
- Achieving Zero: A Plan for Success
- EMS: Setting the Scene for Saving Lives
- Autonomous Vehicles: Where Are the Blind Spots?
- Fast & Furious Won’t Get Us to Zero: Solutions for Combatting Speed
- Asleep at the Wheel – Understanding & Preventing Drowsy Driving
- .05% BAC: Adopting a Global Solution to a Persistent Problem
- A Global Public Health Perspective on Traffic Safety: Will the U.S. Meet the 2030 Goal?
- Autonomous Trucks: Moving into the Future While Ensuring Safety
- Wrong-way Driving: Why Does It Even Happen & What Can We Do About It?
- A Happy Hour: Discovering New Traffic Safety Research
- Not in Traffic Crashes – Is the Data Telling the Correct Story?
- Impaired Driving Enforcement Saves Lives: Be Your Department’s Leader
- How to Meet the Challenge when Marijuana is Legalized
- Bring a Rideshare Program to a Suburban or Rural Area Near You
- Best Practice E-Warrant Systems for DUI & DUID Enforcement
- New Research on Alcohol Ignition Interlock & Using Naturalistic Driving Data to Study Impaired Driving
- Victim Impact Panel
- New Approaches to Address Repeat DUIs
- Impaired Driving: Come Hear the Results
- New Training & Technical Assistance to Support Your State Ignition Interlock Program
- Using State Task Forces to Strengthen Impaired Driving Systems
- Recreating the Unknown: Major Impaired Driving Crash Investigation & Reconstruction
- Comprehensive Motorcycle Safety Programs – How Does Your State’s Program Stack Up?
- Using Media to Achieve Your Motorcycle Safety Goals
- New Motorcycle Research that Can Increase Safety
- Deliver Messages that Get Results by Understanding Misconceptions about Motorcyclists & Motorcycle Safety
OCCUPANT PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN
- CPS & Vehicle Manufacturers Latest Technology: Round 1
- CPS & Vehicle Manufacturers Latest Technology: Round 2
- School Bus Transportation: Times Are Changing
- Forgetting Children in Cars: Why Does It Happen & How Can we Help Prevent It?
- Tethers: Free, Available and Unused
- No PhD Needed to Evaluate Your Program! Evaluation Doesn’t Have to Hurt!
- Leveraging Uncommon Partnerships to Expand & Promote CPS Programming
- Vacation Travel Risks & What Parents need to Know
- Good, Better, Best: Car Seat Instructions, Laws, Best Practices
- New Technology? Yes, Please!
- Making Connections: Building Bridges into New Communities
- Safe & Walkable San Antonio
- Vision Zero: How Cities are Moving from Vision to Action
- Building Public & Political Support That Will Save Lives of Bicyclists & Pedestrians
- Cops in the Crosswalk
- Distracted Walking: How Do We Bring Attention to a Contentious Issue?
- Technology – Does It Help Prevent or Cause Bike & Pedestrian Injuries?
- Making Data Work: Solving Community Bike & Pedestrian Safety Problems
- Protecting Children on Their Way to School: Safe & Healthy Mobility
TEEN TRAFFIC SAFETY
- Distracted Driving Among Teens, Latest Data & Solutions
- Are They Really Ready for a Driver License?
- The Power of Parental Involvement: Evaluated Community Implementation
- Teen Risk Factors: Sleepy, Speeding & Not Using Seat Belts
- County Road, Take Me Home: How to Address Rural Driving Risks for Teens
- Brag, Borrow & Steal: Community Partnerships Addressing Teen Traffic Safety
- The Latest Buzz on Teen Impaired Driving Trends & Programs
- Protecting Young Drivers: The Latest Developments in Legislation & Where We Go From Here