Below is the tentative list of workshops for the 2018 conference. Workshop descriptions will be available in early January.
See the 2017 workshop handouts.
ADULT OCCUPANT PROTECTION/VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY
- Advancing Seat Belt Safety Culture
- Strategies for a Successful Occupant Protection Program
- Nighttime Seat Belt Enforcement Strategies
- Exploring Occupant Protection in Rural Areas
- Automated Vehicle Technologies – The Here & Now
- Belts, Speeding & Distraction – How Can Vehicle Technologies Help?
- Driver Distraction – It Can Happen Inside Patrol Vehicles, too
- Roundtables – Real World Solutions Addressing Older Drivers
- Working Together to Understand Conditions That Affect Aging Drivers
- Transportation, Aging & At-risk Drivers: Using Collaboration to Improve Safety & Mobility
- Older Drivers: Do We Have All the Pieces?
- Beyond “Just Say No”: Crafting Drugged Driving Campaigns
- The Nuts & Bolts of Building Partnerships
- Virtual Community Policing: Law Enforcement & Social Media
- Moving from Awareness to Action: Innovative Campaigns
- Messaging in a New Era
- Communicating Effectively with Diverse Communities
CRIMINAL JUSTICE/LAW ENFORCEMENT
- After the Conviction: Using Evidence-based Practices to Reduce Recidivism of High Risk Drunk Drivers
- Anticipating & Combating Defenses Related to Marijuana Impairment
- Calibre Press TNT: Tactics in Traffic – Smarter, Safer, More Successful Traffic Stops
- Crashes, Social Harm & the Data Driven Approaches to Crime & Traffic Safety Model
- DUI Silver Bullets
- Operation Southern Shield: Multi-state, Agency & Jurisdictional Effort to Combating Rising Fatalities
- Road Safety
- Overview of the Law Enforcement Partnership Forums
- Clearing the Haze! Drug Indicators, Impairment & Concealment with the Drug-impaired
- Concentrates, Waxes, Oils & Trends
- Cell Phones, Dopamine & Driving
- Evidence Based Strategies to Reduce Distracted Driving
- Legislative Advances 2017
- A Snapshot of Effective Enforcement Efforts
- Community Mobilization to Combat Distracted Driving
- The Leaders of Tomorrow: Teen Change Makers
- Maintaining Attention to the Road: The Latest Research in Efforts to Limit In-vehicle Distractions
- Managing Risk in the Workplace
EVOLVING SAFETY PRIORITIES & SOLUTIONS
- Achieving Zero: A Timeline for Success
- EMS: Setting the Scene for Saving Lives
- Autonomous Vehicles: Where Are the Blind Spots?
- Fast & Furious Won’t Get Us to Zero
- Asleep at the Wheel
- .05 – New Solution to an Old Problem
- Traffic Safety from a Public Health Perspective
- Autonomous Trucks: Moving into the Future
- Wrong-way Driving: Why Does It Even Happen?
- A Happy Hour: Discovering New Traffic Safety Research
- Impaired Driving Enforcement Saves Lives: Be Your Department’s Leader
- Drugged Driving Update From the States
- How to Build Rideshare Programs in Suburban & Rural Areas
- Best Practices for Setting up E-warrant Systems for DUI & DUID Enforcement
- Ignition Interlocks: What’s New?
- Victim Impact Panel
- How to Address Repeat DUI’;s
- Accelerating Progress to Reduce Alcohol-impaired Driving Fatalities
- Interlock Training & Technical Assistance
- Strengthening State Systems
- Recreating the Unknown, Major Crash Investigation & Reconstruction
- Comprehensive Motorcycle Safety Programs – How Does Your State’s Program Compare?
- Using Media to Help Meet Your Motorcycle Safety Goals
- What We Know Now That We Didn’t Know Before – The Latest in Motorcycle Research
- Deliver Safety Messages that Resonate with Motorcyclist & Non-Motorcycling Target Audiences & Get Results
OCCUPANT PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN
- CPS & Vehicle Manufacturers Latest Technology: Round 1
- CPS & Vehicle Manufacturers Latest Technology: Round 2
- School Bus Transportation – Times Are Changing
- Forgetting Children in Cars: Why Does It Happen?
- Tethers: What’s Holding You Back?
- You Don’t Need a PhD to Evaluate Your Program!
- Leveraging Atypical Partnerships to Expand & Promote CPS Programming
- CPS Makes Strange but Beneficial Bedfellows/Going Outside the Nine Dots & Coming Back Successful!
- Understand the Risks of Vacation Travel & Educate Parents Before They Hit the Road.
- Car Seat Instructions, Laws, Best Practices, Oh My!
- Techno? Tech – YES!
- Use Data to Raise Awareness on Non-traffic Injury & Fatal Events
- Pedestrian Tour of San Antonio
- Vision Zero: Moving from Vision to Action
- Getting to Action: Building Public & Political Support That Will Save Lives
- Cops in the Crosswalk
- Distracted Walking: How Do We Bring Attention to an Issue With so Many Distractions
- Technology – Does It Help Prevent or Cause Bike & Pedestrian Injuries?
- Identifying & Addressing Bicyclist & Pedestrian Safety Problems
- Protecting Children on Their Way to School: Safe & Healthy Mobility
TEEN TRAFFIC SAFETY
- Distracted Driving Among Teens, Latest Data & Solutions
- Are They Really Ready for a Driver License?
- The Power of Parental Involvement: Evaluated Community Implementation
- Teen Risk Factors: Sleepy, Speeding & Not Using Seat Belts
- County Road, Take Me Home: How to Address Rural Driving Risks for Teens
- Brag, Borrow, Steal: Community Partnerships Addressing Teen Traffic Safety
- The Latest Buzz on Teen Impaired Driving Trends & Programs
- Protecting Young Drivers: The Latest Developments in Legislation and Where We Go From Here