Lifesavers National Conference on Highway Safety Priorities
Charlotte Convention Center, March 26-28, 2017
The largest gathering of highway safety professionals in the U.S.
The April 2016 conference had over 2,000 attendees – many thanks to all who contributed to make this a successful event!
2016 Conference Speaker Handouts: Visit the Past Workshops page to download speaker handouts.
Speaker Proposals Open Now – 2017
The Lifesavers Conference Planning Committee (LPC) is now accepting speaker proposals for the 2017 Conference which will be held March 26-28 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Proposals must be submitted via Lifesavers’ online portal and will be accepted until August 31, 2016. All speaker proposals are carefully reviewed for their applicability to the Lifesavers Conference audience with a particular focus on “research to practice” and “vigorously evaluated programs.” Researchers, academicians, students, and practitioners are also welcome to submit a poster via a separate application process in lieu of or in addition to a speaker proposal; however, the same review process applies. The poster submission portal will open this September.
Also please note that a limited number of scholarships are available to help speakers from non-profits, government agencies and advocacy groups offset a portion of their travel/conference expenses. So please don’t let the cost of attending the Lifesavers Conference deter you from submitting a proposal for you and/or a colleague to speak in Charlotte
CLICK HERE to submit your speaker proposal.
The Lifesavers Conference is an unprecedented value!
The Lifesavers Conference brings together a unique combination of public health and safety professionals, researchers, advocates, practitioners and students committed to sharing best practices, research, and policy initiatives that are proven to work. You can’t get the kind of information that is conveyed at this conference anywhere else at this value.
What Is Lifesavers?
Celebrating 34 Years of Delivering Solutions to Today’s Critical Highway Safety Problems
Lifesavers is the premier U.S. highway safety meeting dedicated to reducing the tragic toll of deaths and injuries on our nation’s roadways. Drawing over 2,000 participants in 2016, Lifesavers continues to be the must attend conference since its start in 1982. Each year, Lifesavers provides a forum for the presentation of proven countermeasures and initiatives that address today’s critical highway safety problems.
Lifesavers is a non-profit organization with no single sponsor. It relies on the involvement of a diverse group of public and private organizations that share a common goal of improving highway safety.
Ten Great Reasons to Attend Lifesavers
1. Geared for all. Whether you’re a state or local highway safety official, police officer or first responder, private or non-profit program provider, student or academician, Lifesavers’ comprehensive program is for you.
2. Affordable. Sponsorships, off-season scheduling, government-rate rooms, and an early-bird registration fee mean attendance won’t bust your budget.
3. Proven programs. The 80+ workshop agenda includes cutting-edge programs that are proven to work through research and/or evaluation.
“All the workshops I attended were excellent—the speakers were professional and well prepared.”
4. Hot topics. From distracted motorists and pedestrians to new technologies, drugged driving, driverless vehicles, and more Lifesavers will focus on the topics impacting roadway safety today.
5. Knowledgeable, engaging speakers. Each workshop features leading experts and practitioners in traffic safety who are selected not only because they’re knowledgeable, but skilled in engaging and energizing an audience.
“Great evidence-based practices presented. I look forward to applying this knowledge within my organization.”
6. National leaders. The nation’s top safety professionals from AAA, AAMVA, FHWA, FMCSA, GHSA, IIHS, MADD, NDAA, NHTSA, NSC, NTSB, SKW and the auto and insurance industries will be attending.
7. Inside information. What’s trending in highway safety and what will the next highway reauthorization bill look like? Get the scoop from knowledgeable insiders.
8. Tremendous networking. You’ll have numerous opportunities for formal and informal peer exchange, plus one-on-one discussion with more than 1,800 U.S. and international safety professionals.
“Networking was a beneficial aspect of the conference. I was able to connect with a number of individuals and groups that will help me with my traffic safety goals.”
9. State-of-the-art products. More than 100 companies, organizations and government agencies exhibit their latest products, services, programs, and/or publications—some only at Lifesavers!
“The exhibit hall vendors’ commitment to developing and showcasing great products was evident and appreciated.”
10. Friendly people. From the exhibitors and speakers to volunteers and attendees, everyone feels welcome, prompting participants to return year after year.
Lifesavers Partners ($5,000 to $9,000)
Ford Driving Skills for Life
Safe Kids Worldwide
Smart Start, Inc.
Uber Technologies, Inc.
VOLKSWAGEN Group of America
Lifesavers Supporters ($1,000 to $4,999)
Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety
Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers, Inc.
American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Coalition of Ignition Interlock Manufacturers
The Conor Lynch Foundation
FCA US LLC
FIA – Formula E Championship
It Can Wait© Speakers Bureau (StopDistractions.org)
Johnson & Johnson
Mothers Against Drunk Driving
National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing
National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA)
National Safety Council
Promote your organization’s expertise and become a 2017 Lifesavers Conference Sponsor.
Sponsor benefits include recognition on the Lifesavers website and mobile app, in printed materials and signage, and special seating and recognition at the Public Service Awards Luncheon and closing plenary luncheon.
Lifesavers Supporter: Non-Profit—$1,000 to $4,999 or For-Profit—$2,000 to $4,999
• Organization name in conference program
• Organization name displayed on plenary/luncheon screens
• Priority seating at plenaries and luncheons
• Special recognition for exhibiting sponsors (in the program and exhibit hall)
• Recognition on Lifesavers’ website and mobile app, including a link to the sponsoring organization’s website
• Recognition plaque
Lifesavers Partner: $5,000 to $9,999
• All the benefits of a Supporter, plus:
· Organization logo in program and displayed on screens at conference
· One complimentary attendee registration OR one free exhibit booth (booth includes one exhibit free registration and one exhibit registration at $250)
· Priority booth selection (based on availability—register early!)
· Complimentary attendee list in Excel format
Lifesavers Champion: $10,000 and up
• All the benefits of a Partner, plus:
· Two additional complimentary attendee registrations
Contact Lifesavers at 703-922-7944 or email Bill Windsor for more information.
Future Lifesavers Conferences
March 26–28, 2017 • Charlotte Convention Center • Charlotte, NC
April 22–24, 2018 • San Antonio Convention Center • San Antonio, TX
March 31 – April 2, 2019 • Louisville Convention Center • Louisville, KY