Lifesavers National Conference on Highway Safety Priorities
Long Beach Convention Center • Long Beach, CA • April 3–5, 2016
Visit the Long Beach Visitors Website to learn about the city!
“Show Me Your Badge” Restaurant Discounts – receive special offers at local restaurants by showing your conference badge – Participating Restaurants
The Lifesavers Conference is an unprecedented value!
The Lifesavers Conference brings together a unique combination of public health and safety professionals, researchers, advocates, practitioners and students committed to sharing best practices, research, and policy initiatives that are proven to work. You can’t get the kind of information that is conveyed at this conference anywhere else at this value.
SPECIAL EVENT – FIA FORMULA E ELECTRIC AUTO RACING!
Saturday, April 2, 2016 ● Admission is free for Lifesavers attendees. Stop by the Lifesavers Conference registration desk in the convention center to get your ticket.
Round 6 of the championship race for electric open-wheel cars will take place on Saturday afternoon, April 2, 2016, so be sure to come early to witness this special event. A modified version of the Long Beach Grand Prix track surrounding the convention center will be used during the ePrix of Formula E. More information on the day’s activities will be available on this website over the next few months. Visit the Formula E website for more about FIA Formula E Championship racing.
What Is Lifesavers?
Celebrating 34 Years of Delivering Solutions to Today’s Critical Highway Safety Problems
Lifesavers is the premier U.S. highway safety meeting dedicated to reducing the tragic toll of deaths and injuries on our nation’s roadways. Drawing nearly 2,000 participants in 2015, Lifesavers continues to be the must attend conference since its start in 1982. Each year, Lifesavers provides a forum for the presentation of proven countermeasures and initiatives that address today’s critical highway safety problems.
Lifesavers is a non-profit organization with no single sponsor. It relies on the involvement of a diverse group of public and private organizations that share a common goal of improving highway safety.
Ten Great Reasons to Attend Lifesavers
1. Geared for all. Whether you’re a state or local highway safety official, police officer or first responder, private or non-profit program provider, student or academician, Lifesavers’ comprehensive program is for you.
2. Affordable. Sponsorships, off-season scheduling, government-rate rooms, and an early-bird registration fee mean attendance won’t bust your budget.
3. Proven programs. The 80+ workshop agenda includes cutting-edge programs that are proven to work through research and/or evaluation.
“All the workshops I attended were excellent—the speakers were professional and well prepared.”
4. Hot topics. From distracted motorists and pedestrians to new technologies, drugged driving, driverless vehicles, and more Lifesavers will focus on the topics impacting roadway safety today.
5. Knowledgeable, engaging speakers. Each workshop features leading experts and practitioners in traffic safety who are selected not only because they’re knowledgeable, but skilled in engaging and energizing an audience.
“Great evidence-based practices presented. I look forward to applying this knowledge within my organization.”
6. National leaders. The nation’s top safety professionals from AAA, AAMVA, FHWA, FMCSA, GHSA, IIHS, MADD, NDAA, NHTSA, NSC, NTSB, SKW, USDOT and other federal agencies, and the auto and insurance industries will be attending.
7. Inside information. What’s trending in highway safety and what will the next highway reauthorization bill look like? Get the scoop from knowledgeable insiders.
8. Tremendous networking. You’ll have numerous opportunities for formal and informal peer exchange, plus one-on-one discussion with more than 1,800 U.S. and international safety professionals.
“Networking was a beneficial aspect of the conference. I was able to connect with a number of individuals and groups that will help me with my traffic safety goals.”
9. State-of-the-art products. More than 100 companies, organizations and government agencies exhibit their latest products, services, programs, and/or publications—some only at Lifesavers!
“The exhibit hall vendors’ commitment to developing and showcasing great products was evident and appreciated.”
10. Friendly people. From the exhibitors and speakers to volunteers and attendees, everyone feels welcome, prompting participants to return year after year.
Lifesavers Partners ($5,000 to $9,000)
Ford Driving Skills for Life
Safe Kids Worldwide
Smart Start, Inc.
VOLKSWAGEN Group of America
Lifesavers Supporters ($1,000 to $4,999)
Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety
Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers, Inc.
American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
The Conor Lynch Foundation
It Can Wait© Speakers Bureau (StopDistractions.org)
Manufacturers Alliance for Child Passenger Safety (MACPS)
Mothers Against Drunk Driving
National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing
National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA)
National Safety Council
Lifesavers Planning Committee Members – Thanks also goes to following organizations that participate in the conference planning process, including workshop development:
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Governors Highway Safety Association
Injury Prevention Center of Greater Dallas
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
LMG Holdings, Inc.
National District Attorneys Association
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
National Transportation Safety Board
Promote your organization’s expertise and become a 2016 Lifesavers Conference Sponsor.
Sponsor benefits include recognition on the Lifesavers website and mobile app, in printed materials and signage, and special seating and recognition at the Public Service Awards Luncheon and closing plenary luncheon.
Lifesavers Supporter: Non-Profit—$1,000 to $4,999 or For-Profit—$2,000 to $4,999
• Organization name in conference program
• Organization name displayed on plenary/luncheon screens
• Priority seating at plenaries and luncheons
• Special recognition for exhibiting sponsors (in the program and exhibit hall)
• Recognition on Lifesavers’ website and mobile app, including a link to the sponsoring organization’s website
• Recognition plaque
Lifesavers Partner: $5,000 to $9,999
• All the benefits of a Supporter, plus:
· Organization logo in program and displayed on screens at conference
· One complimentary attendee registration OR one free exhibit booth (booth includes one exhibit free registration and one exhibit registration at $250)
· Priority booth selection (based on availability—register early!)
· Complimentary attendee list in Excel format
Lifesavers Champion: $10,000 and up
• All the benefits of a Partner, plus:
· Two additional complimentary attendee registrations
Contact Lifesavers at 703-922-7944 or email Bill Windsor for more information.
Future Lifesavers Conferences
April 3–5, 2016 • Long Beach Convention Center • Long Beach, CA
March 26–28, 2017 • Charlotte Convention Center • Charlotte, NC
April 22–24, 2018 • San Antonio Convention Center • San Antonio, TX
March 31 – April 2, 2019 • Louisville Convention Center • Louisville, KY